As the title says... Chat on...

By tgmaxx
biobier wrote:For me the issue was the lack of MQTT 3.1.1 support at my MQTT server :oops: which is necessary after the 20150127 firmware.
Thanks do the guys at NodeMCU GitHub suport once again.

That was my problem also. After upgrading mosquitto to 1.3.5 on the Raspi, everything is fine. Thank you.
By Leo Villar
tgmaxx wrote:
biobier wrote:For me the issue was the lack of MQTT 3.1.1 support at my MQTT server :oops: which is necessary after the 20150127 firmware.
Thanks do the guys at NodeMCU GitHub suport once again.

That was my problem also. After upgrading mosquitto to 1.3.5 on the Raspi, everything is fine. Thank you.

Hello by post to solve the same problem. thx
By breagan
#19356 Using nodemcu_integer_0.9.6-dev_20150406.bin.

I seem to be having the same issue as Mehrius above.

MQTT runs very stable. Both pub and sub.

However............ I can't start the script with dofile() within any other lua script.
I too noticed that when wifi.sta.status = 1, MQTT would not start.
So, I implemented the code suggested by Mehrius. Now the code reruns init.lua until wifi.sta.status = 5. However........MQTT still hangs.

MQTT will still start and run fine using LuaLoader dofile(), ESPlorer dofile() or ESPlorer's send current line. Even with the first attempt hung.

I did notice what may be a clue!

When dofile('mqtt.lua') is run with wifi.sta.status = 1 there is a 'greater than' symbol ">" on the last line. When wifi.sta.status = 5 the is no 'greater than' symbol.

I have seen this when there is not enough memory to run a script. So. I tried a compiled version of mqtt.lua, same results. :cry:

Still, either way, running the dofile() manually starts the MQTT script correctly.
Could this '>' reveal more information?