#30029 Theoretical!
For this theory.
Lets say the following are values:
Internet IP is 1.1.1.1
NodeMCU local IP is static 192.168.1.100
Wifi SSID is Linksys
Wifi Password is linksysguest

Lets say I have 3 buttons on http://www.mywebsite.com
Button1 Reads GPIO 14 and shows it on the webpage as on or off.
Button2 Writes to GPIO 14 (ON)
Button3 Writes to GPIO 14 0 (OFF)
Does anyone have any example code for a website that will do this?

What code would I need on the node mcu to accept the input from these three buttons and communicate accordingly?

No third party man in the middle stuff just Node to Website and Website to Node Communications.

I believe if someone could answer this question it would be enough of an example to allow for a lot of people to create some pretty cool stuff and have the ability to do it with ease as well!!!!

Please do not ignore this question while just a theoretical one could open up a lot of possibility for NodeMCU users and LUA!
By forlotto
#30079 Note:

I made a request to update the API to make life a bit easier for people wanting to control their NodeMCU remotely much much easier.

But still do not ignore this posting as it is a thing.

I urge all that read and can respond even if it is just with half of an answer it would be great as I don't know that anyone is actually accepting requests for API additions but maybe I'll get lucky IDK... Got to ask to me it just is crazy not to have something like this in the API especially with the limitations of memory. And why not allow ease of use so many applications would require this type of thing why deal with third parties such as brokers and etc why not just build in handling into the API itself.

IDK it is also possible I am missing something maybe there is already a way beats me I'll keep reading stuff and remain wishful that someone smarter will take a few moments to answer my questions as usual.
By forlotto
#30150 R&R means Read & Respond just so folks are aware...

R&R normally means Rest & Relaxation in most vocabulary so I wanted to make sure it wasn't confused just not enough room to type it out in the title.

Enjoy and sorry for any confusion just crossed my mind maybe folks are confused by the title.
By pzw
#30169 A forum visitor who reads your post and wants to help will do so.
The demanding tone of the "R&R" remark, and the daily kick/bump of your post will most likely push people away from replying to your post.
My reply to your question is: Read the forum, and use google. You will find a lot of examples showing you how to do this, maybe in pieces, but for sure all is available.