As the title says... Chat on...

By kolban
#30745 I think all questions are worthy of response, even if it is to give the poster a direction to go and study. I had understood your original post in this thread asking "Is there a forum dedicated to NodeMCU?" ... and I took that as a "meta question" ... i.e. a question on where to go to ask answer questions ...

When good folks like you ask about "NodeMCU" ... it isn't clear if you are asking about "NodeMCU as an ESP8266 device" in which case most ESP8266 knowledge is useful or if when you ask about "NodeMCU" ... you are asking about Lua programming as supplied by the Github project called "nodemcu-firmware" which advertizes itself as "Lua based interactive firmware for mcu like esp8266".

My response was trying to point out that when someone asks about "NodeMCU" without further clarification, it can be a guess as to whether we mean "ESP8266 hardware (NodeMCU ESP8266 hardware)" or "Lua implementation (NodeMCU firmware that runs on an ESP8266)".

I think what you may be looking for are the Lua language forums that can be found here:

viewforum.php?f=17
By forlotto
#30748 Nice.

Witty.

A hint of sarcastic humor.

I do believe you know I am aware of these forums but just in case you did not yes I am aware. Clearly someone as educated as yourself would know that.

Obviously you have seen some of my other postings when the last guy told me to search google and chose to ally with his train of reasoning vs mine I get it really fair enough. Never said I was a master debater but I will continue with my reasoning and if you wish to continue along your path of entertainment at my expense feel free as well.

I'm sure I struck a nerve with a few folks good I say you do not invoke change by being spineless you have to first call attention to the issue and then attempt to address it as I said I am not a master debater but if there is one thing I am not is spineless and I'll keep it that way till my dying day.

I will ask questions and continue to post until I am banned even just typing the information out is helpful to me as I'm sure it would be to others trying to understand things as well even if every post I make winds up with comments like this one or like some of the others "use google" .... etc. I will always try to respond with as quickly and with as much accuracy and knowledge as possible.

I hope you get out what you put in that would be the best.

-forlotto
By JeremiahLandi
#36881 forlotto,

I didn't realize all the posts you made!

For anyone else that comes across this. I have been using

Reddit has been very good if I post the code and a very pointed question, otherwise it seems it just gets left to die.
Stack Overflow seems to be the same way; however, I get the feeling if you don't know how to code they are not willing to really give direction. Can be good and bad.
By forlotto
#36929 Yep that's why I tried to help you out when you had a few questions I've been down the same paths you were anyhow I no longer have those questions my device is pretty much all done on to the next thing making a dimmer using Basic I actually prefer Basic to LUA just because I like the way it is implemented better.