As the title says... Chat on...

By TerryE
#44510 @devsaurus , we should update https://nodemcu.readthedocs.org/en/dev/en/hardware-faq/ with this. :)
By flagtrax
#44551 Thanks for the reply as stated many times in various threads, yes the module is powered separately by an adequate supply. I haven't tried esptool yet, as I have no experience with it, or python. I have however tried as stated to flash with different flash programs including the nodeMcu flasher program and Electrodragon's AT command flasher with the same results. I am traveling at the moment , and may try again when I get back to "home" base. Hopefully if I use your links I can fumble through enough to get esptool functioning. Thanks again.
By flagtrax
#47245 Hey all, after another hiatus I've made it back to the trials and tribulations of the 8266. I will say at this point I have been successful in flashing several versions of the 8266; ESP 7's & 12's specifically. I can't tell you how. I use the same set up as always, even after receiving several CH340 based usb converters instead of the FTDI, but in the end either worked. The only difference was that I used M/F dupont jumpers instead of the breadboards that were suspect in the past. If any one can put up with another basic question on the subject,my confusion continues, and I know you all are way ahead of me, but if you can just point me to a place where I can gleen basic knowledge I'd be so grateful. As I mentioned before I had successfully flashed an Esp07 a while back. I used that for experimenting while fighting the flashing issues on the others. To my recollection, I could (using Esplorer) upload an Init.lua file to run at startup and reset. So I chose the blink example to start. Great, blink works. ..BUT, once blink is loaded as init, I can no longer communicate via Esplorer. Queries, and commands simply time out.
Question is, is this normal behavior? If so how does one get out of this endless loop? Thanks for patience for an old hacker.
By CompEngr
#89131 Hi flagtrax,

Its been a few years since you posted issues with flashing your esp12s device.
I was wondering if you have had any new experiences with the -12s because I have a -12s and am getting Ready on the Arduino Serial Monitor, after flashing it with the NONOS binary files, but then "ERROR" when I do any of the AT Commands.
I have ordered 4 more -12s and a Development PCB for testing the chip; my package come end of October and I perhaps we can chat about it then.

CE