Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By cernra
#61464 I bought on Ebay ESP8266. The Arduino I set this module and selected test example WebServer. When you upload the program to ESP8266 everything works serial communication and Webserver. But if restarting the module program no longer works after serial line come meaningless data.
ESP8266 got involved as follows:
VCC - 3.3V
EN - 3.3V
GND - 0V
GPIO0 - 0V
GPIO15 - 0V
RX - TX
TX - RX
We tried to disconnect after a recording GPIO0 and GPIO15 possibly connected to 3.3V, but the program did not work.
Where could be the problem? I have two different modules, and both exhibit the same problem.
I tried Arduino 1.6 or 1.8
Thank you
By gdsports
#61475 A common mistake is to use a weak 3.3V power source. When programming Flash, the WiFi radio is off so the ESP8266 will run on very low power. But when the ESP8266 boots up to run the code in Flash, the radio is turned on. The radio requires hundreds of milliamps of current. If the power supply cannot provide the required current, the ESP8266 will crash and reboot.

See the following for more details.

http://esp8266.github.io/Arduino/versio ... 66-modules
By martinayotte
#61505 For normal Execution mode, GPIO0/GPIO2 needs to be Pulled-Up while GPIO15 needs to be Pull-Down.
Many users did the same mistake of leaving GPIO0 grounded after uploading, saying there sketch stop working after reset, simply because it is returning in Upload mode.