Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By simonf
#64270 Hi

I have been for the past 3 weeks trying to get my esp8266 to work,
however I'm not able to flash/talk with my esp8266.

I’ve tried every possible tutorial out there and now I'm stuck.

My gear is:
External breadboard power supply. (with an modular ac adaptor, it can switch between 2-12 volt.)
Esp8266-01S (I’ve got 4 1Mb and 1 512k)
Adafruit CP2104 Friend – USB to Serial Converter

My hook up has been different over the past few weeks, but at this moment it is:
ESP VCC - 3.3v (external)
ESP RX - TXD (CP2104)
ESP TX - RXD (CP2104)
ESP GND - GND (CP2104) - and CP2104 -> external power supply gnd.
GPIO - GND

CP2104 via usb cable (I’ve tried a few different once, and yes they do transfer data)

Windows 10 os, I’ve tried Arduino ide (correctly installed with esp8266), and the correct com.
I’ve tried every buss speed there is, and at different voltages outputted from my external dc.

I got duplicates of every hardware and I’ve tried switching them out, but same result.

The ESP8266 512k i got working while connecting with an arduino uno, how ever since the vcc is to high from the uno id like to not do that again.

I’ve also tried to communicated via, xtcom no luck.
I’ve also tried to flash with ESP8266_flasher no luck.

With Arduino ide I get the error :

warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

(I’ve tried a lot more then presented above, however I might just be stupid with my usb-serial convertor.)

PLEASE help a desperate man!
By Zeragonii
#65679 I'm in the exact same boat as you, tried everything under the sun so I'm commenting to sub to the post.

However, one thing, did you try tying your GP0 to GND? Apparently this is something a lot of people forget, I had no such luck even after that though. Hope you get this fixed soon so I can try the method and see if it helps me!