Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Mario Mikočević
#29770 Heya,

on linux updating any library does work fine through 'Manage Library' submenu but I cannot make it work on Win7.
Anything I should know/check/reinstall ?

Win7 - 1.6.5-r5
linux - 1.6.5-linux64

TIA,

--
Mozz
By digiajay
#29894 That's great questions. I have other question along with this. Is there a way to see list of libraries (list of properties & methods/functions) & what each functions in library does? I have downloaded https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino to my arduino environment, but I'm looking for such place to see all libraries, all functions and property descriptions.
By DrG
Mario Mikočević wrote:Heya,

on linux updating any library does work fine through 'Manage Library' submenu but I cannot make it work on Win7.
Anything I should know/check/reinstall ?

Win7 - 1.6.5-r5
linux - 1.6.5-linux64

TIA,

--
Mozz

I just did that today, and twice. Not sure if it will help you, but I am Using WINXP. My exact steps, as I recall: Go up to Github and get the link, in the IDE, replace the old link under preferences, Go into the Board Manager - it will no longer report that the ESP8266 lib is installed - click the 'more info link' and an install button will appear - click, wait, and done. Now when I go into the Boards Manager it tells me it is installed and the version has changed. apart from shutting off a firewall, it was smooth...like buttah ;) .

DrG