Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By rgriepsma
#41729 You mean in the serial monitor (ctrl+shift+m) right? There is nothing there, I can see my (Serial.println) debug messages the first time the code is run but that's it. Not sure what you mean with 74880 baud, I don't have that speed in my option list (see attached screenshot). I tried all speeds, it all seems to upload ok at any speed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By schufti
#41733 Hi,
for debugging purposes I set the baudrate to 74880 in the sketch and serial monitor (manually in the preferences.txt: serial.debug_rate=74880 as this setting is not av. in ide <1.6.7) so I can see the bootloader messages in the serial monitor as well as my debug messages. This isn't in any way related to the baud settings in your screenshot.

Maybe you won't see the bootloader or your debug message when pluging the unit into your PC because this is happening to quick (before the OS recognizes the new device). But doing a reset on the esp while pluged in should bring the messages
By d1414213562
#41762 Hi,

I do have the exact problem. When board is reset(by connecting rst of ESP to gnd) or by replugging the USB - program no longer exists on chip. I also use Arduino.

My connections are:
GPIO0 pull-up (has circuit which puts is automatically LOW when DTR pin from CP2102 is enabled, check it here: http://i67.tinypic.com/2lv003l.png )
GPIO2 pull-up
CH_PD pull-up
RESET pull-up
GPIO15 pull-down

When reconnected, I get this message at 74880 baud rate.
Code: Select all ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(1,7)

I'm totally confused, what am I doing wrong?
By martinayotte
#41770 If you use one firmware using old SDK and got successful connect to an AP router, and then upgrade firmware using newer SDK, the WiFi configs are probably not the same format and produce crash at boot.
In such case, you need first to erase the whole Flash, and then re-upload the firmware :

Code: Select allesptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 erase_flash

esptool.py can be found at https://github.com/themadinventor/esptool