Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By amazingly_purple
schufti wrote:that's exactly what's happening.
And if he had bothered to use the boardsearch, he would have found several threads like this ...

I can't understand why ppl are not willing to spend the US$2.xx for a decent USB/serial converter ... but spend hours (US$2.xx equal ??min sparetime ???) hunting down errors that won't happen otherwise.

*she

I did in fact use the boardsearch, and wasn't able to find an answer that worked.
Also, I do have a USP-TL converter, which also has not worked for me in the slightest; using an Arduino has been what got me closest to actually being able to upload code.

On top of that, I would greatly prefer to work with what I have on hand until I know in absolute surety that it is impossible before going out and buying new parts. I am a teenager and buying online is more difficult. I don't have a summer job, but this is a summer project. I prefer to save money if I can and am trying to learn. I've made some progress with this method, which gives me reason to believe that it is possible to bypass the 328 somehow.
If anyone would be able to help me, I would greatly appreciate it!!
By JoeO
amazingly_purple wrote:Oh, I see. That makes sense. Is there a way to bypass the 328 on the Nano in a similar fashion? I've seen other things online where people have used a nano, but they haven't quite worked for me.

Post a few online links to where people are doing that type of activity with a nano.
By martinayotte
#51503 Those links show how to communicate ESP with Nano using SoftwareSerial, but none of them showing how to use Nano to upload sketches in ESP without the needs of separate USB-Serial.