Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By sbeland
#53306 hi,
first, i must say that i am totally newbie, 2 weeks ago, i did not even knew how to use a multimeter, how electricity works, volt, amp, ohms, so sorry if i look innocent to you.

so, this morning i started to use the esp8266 as my third small project with arduino uno just received 2 days ago, very newbie.

so i followed what pdf told me, i plug esp to breadboard as follow:
gnd -> gnd
ch_pd and vcc -> 3.3v of arduino uno

and tx->rx arduino, rx->tx arduino

then opened up serial monitor and at cmd worked perfect, then i go further and changed the pinout so i can use serial monitor and digital pin 6-7 to communicate with esp.
everything was working fine, i was developing with arduino ide my own code to be able to connect to a webpage, then for some reason, i physically move with my fingers the esp to the other side of breadboard, and everything stop working from there, many hours of struggling trying to figure out, changed pinout, tried to flash, nothing worked. i tried to search on internet, finding solutions but nothing work.

the most i get from it now is, the read light is on, the blue light will flash if i send an enter key from serial monitor window but no response, i changed pinout, i received garbage then stop, or blue light stays on.

i must say also that i use AT+IPR=9600 which change the baudrate permanently.

is that means i have to buy a separate voltage regulator (i read about that, did not even know it was existing!)???

if yes, then how come the esp was working perfect for many hours???

thank you so much to the person that will take the time to answer me.