Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By stern0m1
#59556 I want to improve the range that 2 esp8266's or an esp8266 and some other wireless device can send commands to each other. I want to have them communicate without "connecting"
Theoretically they should not have to "connect". How ever they send messages to each other to establish a connection they should be able to send any random message. I would have it constantly send a message until it receives confirmation.

I want them to communicate like arduinos communicate.

I need help with the low level programming to this. I dont know where to start. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
By stern0m1
#59575 Udp would probably help somewhat. But I want to communicate without even establishing a network.

I want to send and receive data with radio waves over the wifi frequency . Just using the wifi chip as a means to receive and transmit radio waves which interpreted to data. Just like communication with a wireless arduino.

For simple machine to machine commands this would be more efficient and I believe could increase the range.