Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By Tristan8686
#67680 Hello again. I have responded to each message but after two days the answer does not appear.
I hope that this answer will appear because it is a solution to the above problem. I apologize if I have not used the response mechanism properly.
The solution I found is to hold a delay after activating the softAP mode and has been obtained from this message

https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/issues/1384

Code: Select all... Configuration AP mode (IP etc)
WiFi.softAP("miSSID", "mipassword");
delay(10E3);//This delay makes the AP mode works properly.
... more code.

"Wifi evt: 7" debug messages continue to appear after connecting a client, but the operation is still correct as expected. In my case it is for a UDP server, although so far I have only checked the Web server of the sample program. In case of finding some other problem I will also put it here, in case someone helps you, as well as the possible solution.
Thank you very much and I hope this can help someone.
By Tristan8686
philbowles wrote:The delay is NOT the issue. I'm always suspicious of delays, especially long ones and 10 seconds is loooooooooooooong
"

Hello philbowles, thanks for the reply. I agree with you. The delay only improves the connection slightly, after continuing testing two days, the problems have continued. In the end, and several tests ago, I have found that radio channels 1-3 give me problems. From radio channel 4 (and, at least, up to 11) they go perfectly and instantly, with no need for any delay. The web server and UDP work. All this in 802.11n mode.

I was going to ask you to try channels 1-3 to see if you had problems, but I just noticed that you've connected well on channel 1.

I have installed version 1.8.3 of the IDE and works the same as the one I used before.
I still have two doubts about your results that I would like to comment on.

Configuring access point...state: 5 -> 0 (0)
SSID (12): ToiioT-Etage

In my results, the first line never appear. The second line always shows me the SSID of the home wifi (STA mode) in the case that before it has been connected there, or nothing in the opposite case. This makes me think that maybe we do not have the same version of sdk or core.
Code: Select all  Serial.printf("\n\nSDK version:%s\n", ESP.getSdkVersion());
  Serial.printf("\n\nCore version:%s\n", ESP.getCoreVersion().c_str());

My result is:
SDK version:1.5.3(aec24ac9)
Core version:2_3_0

It is also possible that the problem are my modules, although I have been testing it with three with same result. Soon I will test it on an ESP-12 soldier in my circuit and I will expose the results.
Thanks again.