Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By Pigs Fly
#17714 Forgot to note the need to add a 3rd timing paramether in the DHT config as specified in the example code within the library. I used 25 which is working fine, but didn't really test the limits of that.

Pigs Fly wrote:DHT11 and DHT22 complied and working, tested. Neither required a pullup resistor and have been working reliably for days. Library properties below:

Code: Select allname=DHT sensor library
version=1.0.0
author=Adafruit
maintainer=Adafruit <info@adafruit.com>
sentence=Arduino library for DHT11, DHT22, etc Temp & Humidity Sensors
paragraph=Arduino library for DHT11, DHT22, etc Temp & Humidity Sensors
category=Sensors
url=https://github.com/adafruit/DHT-sensor-library
architectures=*
By tytower
rtenklooster wrote:Got the bpm085 working on my esp-01.

BMP085 and BMP180 are almost identical
I used Sparkfuns SFE_BMP180 library and with a small change mentioned in the git hub issues #1
Mydevice is happilly churning out temp and pressure data all day.

Same for the DHT22 module and library

EDIT -It seems the speed factor ,third argument passed to the function, may be unnecessary now as the latest library notes that it is calculated automatically.
Last edited by tytower on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mikejstb
#20991 I just tried the rcswitch sketch but it doesn't compile.
No errors, just says "compiling sketch" with the progress bar about half way.

Changing to an Arduino Uno compiles so I don't believe there's any problem with the code.
I've tried both the NodeMCU board choice and also the Generic 8266 one - same thing.

I'm really just wanting to replicate the example that comes with the RCSwitch library - "SendDemo".

Only need three commands -
.enableTransmit(),
.setPulseLength(), and
.send(123456,24)

It works fine with an Uno or Nano just using the decimal (24) numbers to control my Elekcity outlets.
But I'd really like to not have to use an Arduino - just an ESP8266 listening for mqtt messages and sending the appropriate on or off codes to the five outlets.
Any help or clues will be appreciated!