Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By eduperez
martinayotte wrote:
eduperez wrote:GPIO0 must be HIGH and GPIO2 must be LOW;

it is the reverse : GPIO0=LOW and GPIO2=HIGH.

https://github.com/esp8266/esp8266-wiki ... ot-Process

This is probably the second time you correct me about that same mistake... :oops:
Perhaps I should carve that table on the wall behind my monitor... :?
By TijuanaKez
#33210 Thanks for the replies guys but I wasn't trying to flash the device, just use it with the stock firmware and communicate with it via an Arduino.

This was working fine and I was able to issue AT commands and use ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266 Library to receive UDP packets.

At some stage I issued the AT+RST command though and since then I get no response from the AT command or any others.

Are you saying AT+RST wipes the firmware?
By eduperez
TijuanaKez wrote:Thanks for the replies guys but I wasn't trying to flash the device, just use it with the stock firmware and communicate with it via an Arduino.

This was working fine and I was able to issue AT commands and use ITEADLIB_Arduino_WeeESP8266 Library to receive UDP packets.

At some stage I issued the AT+RST command though and since then I get no response from the AT command or any others.

Are you saying AT+RST wipes the firmware?

No, AT+RST does not wipe the firmware.

Sorry, I misunderstood your message, and thought you where loading an Arduino program on the ESP (well, this is the ESP8266 Arduino Platform section, after all). What I do not understand now is how are your devices connected, and how are you sending AT commands and reading the output.