Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By tomg55
#36728 As I am fairly new to the esp8266, I wanted to check with the pros prior to building this proto board.
Question:
Will the attached wiring work with the switches, or is there a better method?
(Variable voltage regulator- because that's what I had laying around)
Background:
I am trying to design a board capable of using the ESP-01 as a shield for an Arduino , Flashing the ESP-01, and Programing the Arduino. (Eventually make it capable of running the ESP-01 as a standalone as well, but that's future state).

Let me know your thoughts/comments.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By lethe
#36755 If your arduino is powered externally, do not connect its VCC pin to the FTDI header.
Not sure what S4 is supposed to do, it's pretty useless in this configuration. Just connect R4 as pull-up between CH_PD and 3V3. If S4 was meant to shut down the ESP, make it toggle between pull-up and GND.
S5 should better toggle between a 10k pull-up and GND instead of GND and floating. GPIO2 should also have a pull-up for good measure.
S3 also should not toggle between pull-up and floating, make it toggle between pull-up and GND. A 100nF cap from the ESP reset pin to GND would also be advisable to prevent random reset due to EMI.