Chat here is you are connecting ESP-xx type modules to existing AVR based Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By shery
#44018 assume there are two WiFi router..on the same network.. I've connected ESP8266 connected to 1st router after i moved the chip to other room and it come under the range of 2nd router.. so thus the esp8266 does automatically connect it self or i have to re-configure again manually..??
plz help me..
By Dang Kieu
#46315 Hello, in my opinion we can put the code to check connection status into the loop function instead of setup. Because, after a circle of code life, it will check status and again and then choose the router which it can connect in case of losing connecting with current wifi. Sorry, because it's only my opinion. I don't have two routers so I can't carry on the experiment :D I hope my idea can help you otherwise we can discuss deeper about ESP8266 because I have some problems as well ^^
By Dang Kieu
eduperez wrote:As a general rule, your ESP should check the wifi connection periodically, and reconnect if needed.

I don't think so, because he actually wants to change to another access point automatically but the same.