Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Joe Job
DAFlippers wrote:Adam,

Here is some advice:

fit 0.1uF capacitor across the power rails as close to the device as possible

Your boards look like they have been put together very badly just look at the wire below.

David

Incidentally do you mind me asking where you learnt what you know about electronics and also ESP ?
By DAFlippers
#59459 Hi Adam,

Again 2 edits:

Original
That is why the reed is now on GPIO4 not 5, the wire snapped, so to avoid remaking the whole thing, I have simply placed the wire in GPIO4, no solder, still works, not amazing I know, but this is not where the issue lies as the problems were long before this.

Thanks for the suggestion of the 0.1uf I shall be doing another setup to demo the suggestions given so far tonight or tomorrow.

Edit 1
That is why the reed is now on GPIO4 not 5, the wire snapped, so to avoid remaking the whole thing, I have simply placed the wire in GPIO4, no solder, still works, not amazing I know.

Thanks for the suggestion of the 0.1uf I shall be doing another setup to demo the suggestions given so far tonight or tomorrow.

Edit 2
Incidentally do you mind me asking where you learnt what you know about electronics and also ESP ?

A university degree and many years of practice, how about you?
By Joe Job
#59460 Which was what I hoped you would you say, well mine is not, mine is trial and error pushing to get my head around a lot of this so that I can expand projects that never included ESP chips. My knowledge is from hitting issues and finding ways around them, mainly through Google until I found this forum, and since this forum a lot of the support that has helped me overcome issues has come from here. The boards you see are my 3rd or 4th devices ever created with ESPs so I truly do apologise that they are not up to your university standard eduction, but they are the result of a lot of hard work on my part, once I learn more, they will get better, and I understand that you have been trying to help but I have bitten my lip at the way I have been responded about somethings, not just by you. I am part of the forum to learn, dont get me wrong, but not everyone has the privilege of years of education on the subject or experience.
By Joe Job
DAFlippers wrote:Hi Adam,

Again 2 edits:

Original
That is why the reed is now on GPIO4 not 5, the wire snapped, so to avoid remaking the whole thing, I have simply placed the wire in GPIO4, no solder, still works, not amazing I know, but this is not where the issue lies as the problems were long before this.

Edit 1
That is why the reed is now on GPIO4 not 5, the wire snapped, so to avoid remaking the whole thing, I have simply placed the wire in GPIO4, no solder, still works, not amazing I know.

Edit 2

A university degree and many years of practice, how about you?

You are actually incorrect, the second edit as you say is a totally different post. If you are going to continue to be petty about edits then just dont reply mate.