Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Joe Job
DAFlippers wrote:Adam,

How do you expect the AMS1117 to work? It needs a resistor pair to set the output voltage RTFM.

David

That isnt the issue the module handles that in addition it does reduce 5v to 3.24 ish just not 3.3v.
By Barnabybear
#59421 Hi, this sounds silly but can you check the resistors with a meter.
The 5 band 10K 1% are:
Brown, Black, Black, Red, Brown.
The 5 band 120R 1% are:
Brown, Red, Black, Black, Brown.

It wouldn't be the first time I seen them mixed up. 120R as a pull up or down would put an increased load on your supply, which could manifest as the problems you have been having.

I don't think GPIO 2 would be happy with that value of pullup, the rest wouldn't care for boot.
By Joe Job
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, this sounds silly but can you check the resistors with a meter.
The 5 band 10K 1% are:
Brown, Black, Black, Red, Brown.
The 5 band 120R 1% are:
Brown, Red, Black, Black, Brown.

It wouldn't be the first time I seen them mixed up. 120R as a pull up or down would put an increased load on your supply, which could manifest as the problems you have been having.

About 9.2 if that helps mate, they are from a pack where R are marked with R, these are marked as 10K.
Last edited by Joe Job on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rudy
#59424 I don't have time to read all the new posts here, for that I apologize. But I will make the assumption that you are trying to program the devices in the breadboard in your picture. If that is the case the problem as I see it that setup. The problem looks to be your bad connection practices. Let me state this plainly The ESP12F does is designed to work with a supply of 3.3 volts. And you title for the thread is completely wrong. If you were to change that to "my crappy ESP12F setup needs 5v and not 3.3" then I would not have an issue and it would be your opinion about your situation and not a blanket statement about the ESP12F.