Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Joe Job
#59453 Just in comparison to the breadboard design here is the exact same that has been functioning for many months on the ESP01, only difference is the lack of OTA.

And the functioning 5v one.

It is only during dev on the breadboard I use the long jumper wires but I do have shorter ones so I will have a play.
Last edited by Joe Job on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Joe Job
DAFlippers wrote:Adam,

I do not think you have ever posted one post with out subsequently editing it.....

If you have never been advised to fit 0.1uF capacitor across the power rails as close to the device as possible then I will be shocked.

You will probably find that no one is helping you because you do not provide clear and concise information which is why I made the suggestions I made. If people ask for information then it is because what you have posted to date doesn't include what they are asking for. Telling people you have already given information doesn't provide that information no matter how many times you say it.

David

As I said mate, if you cannot assist based off what I have provided no worries, this topic actually was not about asking for help, but I have been open to peoples suggestions and methods to get it working in my case on 3.3v. I have provided the entire set up, diagrams of the circuit and a detailed break down of what is happening and what the issues were and how they now no longer exists using 5v.

Re the capacitor, I never mentioned 0.1uF

martinayotte wrote:Add a 100uF or even a 470uF to the output to see if it is stabilized.
By DAFlippers
#59456 Adam,

Here is some advice:

fit 0.1uF capacitor across the power rails as close to the device as possible

Your boards look like they have been put together very badly just look at the wire below.

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Joe Job
DAFlippers wrote:Adam,

Here is some advice:

fit 0.1uF capacitor across the power rails as close to the device as possible

Your boards look like they have been put together very badly just look at the wire below.

David

That is why the reed is now on GPIO4 not 5, the wire snapped, so to avoid remaking the whole thing, I have simply placed the wire in GPIO4, no solder, still works, not amazing I know.

Thanks for the suggestion of the 0.1uf I shall be doing another setup to demo the suggestions given so far tonight or tomorrow.