Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By Bonzo
#79255 To be honest I only read the last couple of pages in this thread but I had a similar problem that no port was shown after the first upload of the OTA example. I was going to start to look at all the suggestions in this thread but decided to do a restart first and I now have a port - Windows 10 no firewall or anything else changed.

Had a problem when uploading the Led example with can not find Python.exe I must have forgotten to tick the add to paths box although it was installed by Platform IO this time after I did a OS reinstall.

EDIT: I had to allow Python.exe through my firewall and the Arduino sketch I tried came up with No answer. Used a dedicated Esp8266 one and it uploaded.
Worked once and the Nodemcu is no longer found and not showing up on my hub manager; oh well when I can work up some enthusiasmI will have another go
By HamzaHajeir
Emmanuel wrote:Hi,

Well, I had the same OTA problem and I had an insight this evening : Google if people have mDNS problems with a synology NAS (my case). I found a (French) guy claiming that he solved his problem by removing IPv6 on his NAS configuration :https://www.journaldulapin.com/2016/02/05/synology-bonjour/

I tried and it worked for me !!!

My configuration is PC with windows 10. I don't know if it's something you can generalize but the problem seems to be a weird compatibility problem involving IPv6 (don't ask). Maybe it's synology NAS, maybe it's Windows 10 or Bonjour, maybe it's bad mojo or just being French...

I'm so glad not to have to rewire my 6 ESP8266 happily working at home !

Hope it helps, sorry if it doesn't !

I've done the similar at windows :
ipv6.JPG

Well, It seems to be working perfectly now.

I'll try it again lately this day or tomorrow and i'll see.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.