Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By gerardwr
Tawhiz20 wrote:
gerardwr wrote:In earlier releases this did not work for me either. Today I installed the latest Stable ESP8266-Arduino and now the example ReceiveDemo_simple works.

I am working with 1.6.6 but I can't get it to work... an attached led (to the receiver) lights up (about the same as the led from the remote control) but the program does not signal anything (but a lot of warnings during compilation).
I attached my receiver(5v) with a voltage divider to IO2 and changed the code to "attachinterrupt(2.."

Can you post your code?
THNX

The ONLY change I made to the example was the change re. the use of GPIO2 -> mySwitch.enableReceive(2);
Yes, when compiling many warnings are reported, but the sketch runs OK.

I tested another 433 Mhz library that works for me too, see here: http://www.esp8266.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2507&p=24246&hilit=433#p24246

I am using:
- Arduino 1.6.4 on Mac OSX
- Stable release dated July 23 2015 (see pic below)
- ESP-01 powered by 5V (not allowed, but works for me)
- 433Mhz receiver powered by 5V, dataline connected to ESP-GPIO2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By widiotter
#43503 I work with 2.1.0 and a WeMos D1 Arduino compatible ESP8266 Wifi Board - and it doesn't work.
The LED on the Board is blinking very fast when I press the button of my sender - so there's something happen, but I cannot read out the data from the receiver - on a Arduino Uno it works. I just use the <RCSwitch.h> and the sketch "Receive_Demo_Simple" with this chance:

mySwitch.enableReceive(13);
instead of
mySwitch.enableReceive(0);

Does anybody have an idea?
By guille vidal
#59833 Hi!

I have the same problem. I can receive ok from a RF TX but not from my remote control (http://www.drelec.com.ar/tres_canales.html).

All operates on 433mhz, but I can't see what else is missing to start getting the remote signal.

The builtin led blinks as it receives somehting but nothing is logged, while when I do the same with the RX I coded in another NODEMCU, it just works.