Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By schufti
#26206 @ kolban:
thanks for your 2nd lecture on political corectness.
To be technically correct, IMHO the aim of the project is to integrate the esp8266 sdk into the Arduino IDE. The IDE still is provided by folks of arduino.cc .
I am aware of the workings of open software development as I myself participated actively and passivly on several projects over the last 20 years. And I also learned about all the different characters to be found amongst the contributors from the most sensible ignorant to the blunt geek. But nevertheless, an error report wasn't allowed to be sniffed at depending on the words being used because - especially if the "team" is small - you depend on people doing tests and every single person donating their time to report an error is important (all provided no personal insult done).

@ martinayotte:
yes, found your posting after I wrote mine. There is also one about the ESP8266WiFi.h and the swap problem. But I didn't realize the connection until I did a little more invetigating ...
By schufti
#26344 maybe someone of the more active contributors could have a look why including ESP8266WiFi.h breaks the availibility of std:: objects?
It is not included in the issues for the past 30 days or so, maybe someone with a github reg wants to log it?

thnks,
schufti
By schufti
#26465 ah, ok, thanks. Didn't search that much into history. 2 1/2 month in IT is .... ages :geek:
And it also mentions the swap() problem...
So we will faithfully wait and learn to work around.

Best regards,
schufti