Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By SteveSpencer
#28809 In the latest staging version (1.6.5-1106-g8253b82) there isn't a ld file for the 4m1m variant.
I can understand that, since you are much more likely to want to use 4m3m (which is the default) on NodeMCU / 12E boards.

On a related note, is there a way to wipe the SPIFFS data from a module using espload or similar? I know the start address, so in theory I should be able to without creating an empty SPIFFS BIN. (This is another reason for wanting 4m1m support, since it's quicker to write the SPIFFS if it is smaller :shock:

Incidentally, I switched to the staging version so that I could access 1.3.0 SDK functions (such as setting the host name) which is fine. However, I noticed something strange.
I'm using the Adafruit_Neopixel library to drive a high-density stick (8 SMT LEDs close together). It works perfectly well at 80MHz, but not at 160MHz. The code in the library looks like it should be calculating the T0/T1 delays correctly, since it's based around F_CPU, which is correctly passed as 160000000, but it isn't working. By that I mean that if I set all pixels to rgb(0,0,0), they actually work as if I'd set them to rgb(255,255,255), so I'm guessing that the delays aren't right.

Has anyone else encountered this, and hopefully a work-around for it? I can run at 80MHz, since that's still 5x faster than a 328, with more RAM and code space available, but it would be good to have it work at the faster rate too.