Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By mrburnette
#50296 @markingle :

An excellent example; however the cut&paste from this webpage created some issues due to junk being picked-up in the copy. So, after I got it all corrected and compiled, I did a little aesthetic engineering :lol: and added come comments. I also (for those not familiar with Steinhart-Hart) simplified that function so newbies could follow (note: replace with @markingle's original for better accuracy.) At 25C a Vishay 10K NTC is spot-on and in an ice bath, it is maybe 1C difference with my NIST traceable thermometer... good 'nuff for a demo, IMO.

I have created a Zip of the Arduino 1.6.9 multi-tab project. I compiled and tested under Linux but Windows IDE users should have no issues although I cannot test.

Regards,

Ray

NTC == Vishay 10K NTC
Series resistor 150K
If using a NodeMCU with a resistor divider, you must remove both SMT resistors. Then the hookup is very simple:

Code: Select all3.3V --------------/\/\/\/\/\/\/-----------+--------------NTC--------------Gnd
                      150K 1%                           10K Vishay

Just connect the actual A0 pin to the "+" junction and that is that! The voltages will range for 0C to 100C within the ESP8266 0V to 1V ADC range. Below is what happened when I threw the sensor into an ice-bath and then into my coffee ... Ouch :shock:

ImageScreenshot from 2016-07-06 09:46:36 by Rayburne, on Flickr[/img]

And wirelessly on an old HP-mini:
Image20160617_123450 by Rayburne, on Flickr[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By mrburnette
hoacvxd wrote:To mrburnette:
I've downloaded your project about but do not know how to add libraries to the mycomputer to compile. Please help me.
Sincerely thank you.

?
Regrets regarding the delay in getting back to you ...

I really cannot easily answer this because you do not specify the specific lib(s); but generally the process is to download a Zip from the Internet, then use the Arduino IDE load library from Zip.

Now, in the project article, I did mark the project as "advanced."

Good luck,

Ray