Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By ejbommer
#51536 I have a project that I am trying to have several ESP8266 stations talk to a central ESP8266 Access point which will serve a web page to my home router so I can review the data from any PC in my house. I am able to set up a client and station and move data back and forth, so I have gotten that far. I am assuming that if the ESP8266 can be both an access point and a station I should be able to also connect to my home network. If I am incorrect on this capability please let me know.

Thanks for any help

layout.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#51568 I have not done that yet, but I believe you are correct.

One concern that I would have is too many connections at the same time. And by that I mean simultaneous requests and not just devices. A web page with a lot of file requests could bog down the ESP8266. If another device wants access it might not be available. I think it would be good to make allowances for this kind of situation.
By villTech
ejbommer wrote:ESP8266 Access point which will serve a web page to my home router so I can review the data from any PC in my house.
you can still run a webserver on ESP and browse it across your network even if ESP is just in STA mode.

and the input from ejbommer is correct.

so what i do is run the server on raspberry pi or openwrt router if local network only.
or use a cloud server if ESP have internet access.