Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By AcmeUK
#25455 Hi Martin
Which ESP build version are you using ?

I could not workout how to find the build version. BUT when I opened Board Manager, in the ESP8266 section there was an install button active. I assumed that this meant there was an update to be had so I clicked it and the update installed.

All is now working as expected.

I would not have known that there was a new ESP Build avaiable. It would be nice if the Arduino IDE gave a message when such updates were available!

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this.

Regards

BillP
By martinayotte
#25456 I'm glad that you resolve the issue ! :)

The concept of BoardManager is pretty recent, so, it not provide yet feedback that new updates are available. :?
To figure out which version you have, simply look at your Arduino User's folder.

In Linux, it is in your home at ~/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/, and you will see a sub-folder such as 1.6.5-947-g39819f0/ indicating your version.

If there are several, better delete the old ones, because I saw that BM doesn't really do update, but simply install newer one. It can lead to conflicts, so personally, I've deleted the oldest ones.

The 1.6.5-947-g39819f0 version is dated from July 23th. I'm petty sure there will be a new ones in the following days or weeks, but IGRR is busy these days.