Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By gerardwr
Gslomin wrote:I've tried your sketch as well as several others related to UDP multicast on the 8266. Was there anything special that you had to do? I can't seem to get it to send or receive a multicast. Using a small C program I wrote as a client/server it works fine until the 8266 is introduced.

The ESP as Multicast server/receiver worked for me without any "specials", just NOT with the netcat/nc as client (see my initial post).

The ESP as Multicast client/sender, that does not work, there's an "issue" on the github here:
[url]https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/issues/74
[/url]
By Gslomin
#15085 Which type of ESP are you using? (EX?)

Also using packet sender did all you do is switch it to UDP and point it towards the multicast address and port? I'd almost suspect my router but all other multicast traffic works fine (bonjour, steam streaming, etc.)
By gerardwr
Gslomin wrote:After building the latest from source and fixing a compiler bug it all seems to work fine. Note the mDNS example sketch still does not appear to work. Though this does.

Thanks for reporting back, I was wondering if anyone was interested.

I assumed it was clear that you needed the updated WiFiUDP.h and .cpp files, forgot to mention this explicitly :(

Could you please share the C code you used for Multicasting, would be a nice example for me !