Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By martinayotte
scargill wrote:Just need some clarification here - the ESP8266 doesn't have any EEPROM... so this must be using FLASH - as the flash writes in 4K blocks - is this writing 4k for every single byte or is there some kind of delayed buffering going on?

Yes, EEPROM is emulated and content located in Flash, and yes it is buffered and the actual flashing is done when calling EEPROM.commit().
By apolonio
pieman wrote:alextu this might be more of a Wemo question than a WiFIManager question but I'll ask anyway.
My Wemo D1 mini arrived this morning and your basic sketch loaded up fine. I didn't enter any SSID or PWD in the webpage at 192.168.4.1 as I want to use your slightly more advanced sketch to include Blynk auth.

The Wemo will no longer take any further sketches of any kind and I guess this is because it is now in AP mode. Tried using the reset button at various intervals during the sketch upload but it still fails to access the Com port.

Do you know how I reset the Wemo so I can move on to your Blynk auth sketch? I did ask Google but nothing forthcoming.

Can you try connecting GPIO0 (D3 on the board itself) to ground, press reset or reboot the thing physically, then try to upload your sketch.
By morski_bg
#57544 Alex, great work! Is it possible to implement and "AP Web configuration". I'm thinking one of the ESP's gpio to be as INPUT with pull-up to GND. If it is "jumpered" to +Vcc , and then powering on - ESP goes to AP mode with standard 192.168.4.1 IP. So, when entering 192.168.4.1 to be able to configure ESP to be AP with another IP and password and this data to be written to EEPROM. After power off and removing the jumper ESP to start as AP with "modified" parameters. Thanks.
By juan3211
pieman wrote:alextu this might be more of a Wemo question than a WiFIManager question but I'll ask anyway.
My Wemo D1 mini arrived this morning and your basic sketch loaded up fine. I didn't enter any SSID or PWD in the webpage at 192.168.4.1 as I want to use your slightly more advanced sketch to include Blynk auth.

The Wemo will no longer take any further sketches of any kind and I guess this is because it is now in AP mode. Tried using the reset button at various intervals during the sketch upload but it still fails to access the Com port.

Do you know how I reset the Wemo so I can move on to your Blynk auth sketch? I did ask Google but nothing forthcoming.

@Pieman, I want to try wifimanager in a Wemos Mini D1. But before, could you tell us if you found a solution for your problem?

Regards,