Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By kas
Here you go.

Phone is a Galaxy S III with Android 4.3

Works great by the way. I don’t understand android apps however it would be great to be able to customise the amount of topics in relations
to push buttons on the phone.

I have three topics one is the led on/off the other is a temperature sensor which works ok on other clients.

Thanks for your great work!

Hi Godfather,
Thanks for the feedback 8-)
It is rather easy to create a setting for adding new topics in MQTT Commander,
the question is what is the App supposed to do with the temperature sensor value :roll:
Just display ??

Please remember the scope of this project:
"A simple App that can switch a light bulb or any appliance from anywhere in the world"

Last edited by kas on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By picstart
#30097 [quote]Finally, back to the original scope of this discussion, can you successfully run MQTT_led_V1.06.ino ??[/quote]
No it is not fully working it seems to be a runtime timing issue or maybe an issue with the raspi2 mosqitto broker. I got nodemcu mqtt partially working with the pi2 broker but there are some issues with the filters Ex test/in test/# that may be with the broker.

Anyway it is comforting to see that by adding a file "Portable" I can control as a user where the Arduino IDE places files. This is indeed a welcome improvement ....you can move a stable copy of Arduino to a flash drive and take it any other PC...plus it is a reliable backup.
Forgive me for the sidetrack my issues were mostly with Arduino itself occasioned by the need to upgrade from 1.62 to 1.65 to run your code.
By picstart
#30287 It is working with the mosquitto broker on a raspberry pi2. The ardunino needed a very minor adjustment since 10 tries representing 5 seconds of trying to connect to my access point wasn't enough ..20 worked just fine.
The subtopics don't work and it appears to be the pi2 broker that has the issue. Not a show stopper since the subtopic can always be put in the payload and the esp8266 can filter it out with additional code.
Thanks again to Kas for the support
By kas
#30291 Thanks for your feedback picstart

@all
I will release MQTT Commander V 2.0 as soon as I get enough new feature proposals
User configurable subscribe/publish topics is one of those

I am also developping Joystick WiFi Commander ,
a MQTT based App similar to the Bluetooth based Joystick BT Commander