Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By proteus74
martinayotte wrote:Hi proteus74,

I've gave a try with you project but, unfortunately, I got the WDT issue right at the beginning, without even having the AP mode been available for Wifi clients.
I started debugging, and I found several flaws... :(
One of them is that if no configs exists, STA should not try to connect, and also, since there no STA yet, the NTPRefresh() calls in loop() should not be done.
I will dig a bit further in the following days ...

Hello Martinayotte,

normaly, when no config was applied to the esp, the esp takes the a "general" config and writes it to the eeprom (see in Main-Ino-File).
Which ESP are you using?

The NTPRefresh function checks, if the ESP is connected.

I've read a litte bit about the WDT issue.
    ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(1,6)

It means, that there is a problem with the deep-sleep mode not with the program. This problem can happen, when the ESP don't get enough power.

Greetings,

Proteus74
Last edited by proteus74 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By folny82
#23718 Hi

Nice project but there are still problems with the WDT code is also to me quite often resets itself I think it would be good somehow completely disable WDT and the problem would be solved. Today I tested this code and I've added it to support the FW Update via web interface I think it's a good thing the modified code is attached. Update Firmware box is in the main menu admin.htm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By proteus74
folny82 wrote:Hi

Nice project but there are still problems with the WDT code is also to me quite often resets itself I think it would be good somehow completely disable WDT and the problem would be solved. Today I tested this code and I've added it to support the FW Update via web interface I think it's a good thing the modified code is attached. Update Firmware box is in the main menu admin.htm.

Hi folny82,

great thing. I will put it to the main distribution until tomorrow.