Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Slack
#23780 This is some great stuff. I tried it out the other day just after it was posted and it worked well. I tried out some changes so that when the admin timeout is reach the config pages are no longer reachable via the connected network.

In addition instead of defaulting to Admin mode entered it through a button push. This seems more secure to me. No telling when you will have a power outage or some other disruption that could expose your configuration.

Thanks for the great work. What are the chances of getting it on github?

Slack
By ridge
#23785 My Hardware: Image

Arduino IDE 1.6.5

The WebConfig version: 1.1.3 - 2015-07-20 is not working well for me.
Even after removing all PROGMEM keywords and using a static IP address to my local router, accessing the NTP SETTINGS page will reset my connection every time.
Before removing PROGMEM keywords, I get WDT on first page request every time.

After removing PROGMEM keywords, all other pages function as normal and the correct NTP time is downloaded from the internet.

Perhaps variations in esp8266 chip revisions?

From the Serial Monitor:
Code: Select allsend_information_values_html
favicon.ico
favicon.ico
send_NTP_configuration_html
favicon.ico
favicon.ico

Are the favicon.ico from displaying the back button? I can not find reference to them in the code.
Last edited by ridge on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By proteus74
ridge wrote:Where are those favicon.ico coming from? I can not find reference to them in the code.

The favicon.ico comes from your Browser. If I use Chrome, then favicon.ico will request. At Firefox I haven't this request.
By proteus74
#23787 Please keep in mind that you have to select the right memory amount of your chip when compiling and programming the chip.

These settings are working fine for me:

ESP-01 1M (512K SPIFF)
ESP-12 4M (3M SPIFF)

I also use Visual Micro as IDE because I like the code completion and the serial monitor.