Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By ridge
#23788 I am much further along with development of my 'intranet' application using this template than I had hoped. It has been over 10 years since I even looked at html code. Serving nice looking pages from an embedded microcontroller environment is still somewhat hard for me to believe!

Thanks!
By Mike Bedford
Mike Bedford wrote:Just downloaded and compiled to my ESP8266. So far, agree with everybody else, this is very nice! Thank you so much! Just a comment and a question:
1. I was having a hard time connecting my phone to the AP. Seemed to get stuck on "obtaining IP address" alot. Took several attempts to get it to connect. One point it also stated that my password was incorrect but it wasn't. Just tried again and it would connect. Any thoughts on these items?
2. Question is I noticed the admin timeout. At first I thought (given the issues connecting in number 1 above) that it was dropping my connection too until I saw this setting and did confirm the timeout was happening in the serial monitor log. I am set to the default of 180. The question is, is there any reason there is a timeout? Would there be any harm in disabling the timeout and allowing the web config at any time? If I can do this, do I just set this to 0 to disable it? I know the ESP8266 can handle AP and client at the same time and this is what I desire.

Thanks!

Mike

Hello everybody, don't know if I saw a response to the above and now it is buried so thought I would re-post. I really need AP and client at same time. I want client to send data to website but have the user be able to connect to AP at any time if they need to configure OR see the data from the webpage live. Can I just disable the timeout and if so, how?

Also, any comments on the connection issues?

Thanks!
By zetalif
#23862 Hi proteus74,

Firmato of al thank you and all the community for the answers. I'm afraid i've forgot that i'm trying to perform a webserver with esp8266 & arduino (not only esp) :oops: . Up to now i'm only succed to connect with eps&arduino webserver and read arduino analog pin.
Sorry for my imprecision.

Thank you again.

Regards
Zetalif