Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By danbicks
#24180 Ridge and Mike Bedford, Guys have you a copy of the modified code with no crash's? would be great to download this rather than making mistakes re tweaking.

Brilliant work and a wonderful web interface example that I am sure will feature in many new projects.

Superb Work

Dans
By danbicks
#24182 proteus74,

Once again awesome work, I really like the microajax, has a great feel to it.
Is it possible that the admin page has a login script? This would then allow all buttons in the web config.
Would be cool to also add MQTT broker, topic and subject as another option button.

Brilliant work buddy.

Dans
By ridge
#24233 @Dans, I'll look forward to seeing the features you mentioned in your next posted example...

One thing that confused me when first starting with WebConfig was expecting it to be a library.
It is not a library, it is all contained in a project directory in the MySketches folder.

Once installed and running, one very nice thing is all of the user data stored in flash in the
strConfig structure defined in global.h file will remain intact during program revisions.

Irrigation_3 is hardware specific for ESP-12 and yellow carrier board seen earlier in this thread.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By curlywurly
danbicks wrote:Ridge and Mike Bedford, Guys have you a copy of the modified code.....would be great to download this rather than making mistakes re tweaking.
Brilliant work and a wonderful web interface example that I am sure will feature in many new projects.
Superb Work
Dans

Hi Dan,
Yes - I agree too about the brilliant work in the original code by Proteus74 (ESP_WebConfig_Master) and the really useful example on how to apply it to your own application by Ridge(Irrigation_1).
From what I've worked out about the tweaks done by Ridge to the original code, it is only where the web pages are displayed to resolve a memory problem ?!? Fault finding and resolving like this by Ridge is no mean task, and its great that he shared it with us - it just shows the power of people in a community contributing together :D

e.g.
server.on ( "/admin.html", []() { Serial.println("admin.html"); server.send ( 200, "text/html", PAGE_AdminMainPage ); } );
becomes
server.on ( "/admin.html", []() { Serial.println("admin.html"); server.send ( 200, "text/html", reinterpret_cast<const __FlashStringHelper *>(PAGE_AdminMainPage )); } );

Hopefully Ridge will confirm this - or point out where else he has changed it?