Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By JimDrew
kolban wrote:Howdy Jim,
Please realize that this is a community forum. If your question is gating a commercial purchase of the ESP8266 then I'd suggest formally contacting Espressif at their web site explaining your needs and desires. I am sure that if there is a business opportunity at stake, then they will provide formal product support.

Neil

Thanks for the response, Neil. I have emailed Espressif numerous times, as well as several of the module suppliers. I get absolutely no responses from anyone about this subject, but oddly they all answer other questions unrelated just fine.

kriegste, thanks for the code example. I have seen something similar to this in the standard SDK from Espressif but this won't compile under the Arduino IDE. I was hoping someone had made some basic functions like Wifi.wps_enable, Wifi.wps_disable, Wifi.wps_status, Wifi.wps_begin, etc. for the Arduino's wifi library.
By dakazmier
#27012 I just started a new thread regarding WPS setup and debugging, but since there is a lot of overlap with this thread I thought I would point out that the latest ESP8266 Arduino code looks to have some basic support WPS Push Button configuration. We are trying to implement this right now (can't seem to get it working) but you'll see here https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob/esp8266/hardware/esp8266com/esp8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/src/ESP8266WiFi.h that beginWPSConfig() is built and calls wifi_wps_enable() along with SDK 1.3 support were added 16 days ago. Like I said, I can't get it to work and can't even seem to get the great DEBUGV messages out (which is the basis of my other thread posting) but it looks like the majority of the hooks are there.

--Mike
By JimDrew
#27344 Mike, I see that you have resolved your issue with WPS. Do you have a code snippet that you can share to get this working? I just need a function call for WPS (via push button or via just call a routine). Also, is there an updated library that adds this WPS support?

Thank you!