Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By fgomes
#28659 I've installed an icecast server on my laptop and I've used the wireshark to capture the network traffic (capture.zip). In the 'ok' capture file the client was a browser running in my mobile phone connected to the icecast server. In the 'error' capture the client is the ESP8266 with the code I've pasted in the first post. In that capture we can see the blocking situation after a few packets exchanged:

2015_09_08_23_16_03_error.pcapng_Wireshark_1.12.6_v1.12.6_0_gee1fce6_from_master_1.12_.png

Any idea of what is the cause of this blocking situation at the TCP level?

Best regards

Fernando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fgomes
#28771 Thanks to the help of Links2004 at https://gitter.im/esp8266/Arduino, the problem was solved, I was using the peek methode and should be using the available, this causes two problems, since it doesn't return the number of bytes available but the first byte in the buffer, so when the first byte in the buffer is a zero, the code blocks. After this correction, at least the basic test with my own icecast server works without problems.

Thanks for all your help

Fernando
By redflag2k
fgomes wrote:Hi redflag2k, I didn't solved it, I will try to replicate it with a local icecast server and wireshark active running both on my laptop, in order to identify the difference between the network traffic profile when the requests are from the ESP8266 client and when they are from a working webradio client, to see if this can show us some clue to the problem... There are examples working with the ESP8266 but using the SDK/FreeRTOS instead of the Arduino platform.

Do you have any clue about this issue?

Best regards

Fernando

Hi. fgomes
I attatched my code ("ino file) as your request.

I paused this project because of unsolving this problem.

If you have solution, Please share it.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.