Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Gutty
#26716 Now I changed the file. No change.
With the following sketch the display shows "setup.....", then the string, and after the delay the display clears and hangs. Needs power off to come back.
If I deactivate "lcd.noCursor();" the display keeps with cursor blinking. But I don't want to have this bl... blinking cursor in the lcd.

Any ideas? other library ?
Code: Select all#include <Streaming.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x3f, 20,4);

char packetBuffer[101];

void setup()
{
  Wire.begin(2, 4);

lcd.home();
  lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
  lcd.print("   Setup ...");
  Serial.begin(115200);
  Serial.println("   Setup ...");
  delay(500);

strcpy(packetBuffer, "Pool  28.6 Erw. 0.0 Sonne 21.6 Ret. 26.8Luft  25.6 Vor. 27.2Pumpe  0   Wind 1.86");

Serial << packetBuffer << endl;

lcd.setCursor(0, 0);
  lcd << packetBuffer ;
  lcd.setCursor(2, 1);
  delay(2000);
  lcd.noCursor();
}

void loop()
{
    Serial << packetBuffer << endl;

delay(2000);
}
By martinayotte
#26718 According to this document https://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/TC2004A-01.pdf, it seems to match properly with the commands in the library found in arduino-1.6.5/libraries/LiquidCrystal/.
Can you try if you have the same symptoms with ldc.noBlink() function (cursor will stay there, but not blinking) ?
Also, could you try adding another ldc.print() after this (maybe change on cursor is doing implicitly a clear) ?
By Gutty
#26720 No change.
Also lcd.noBlink(); makes the display hang.

In the meantime I checked this examples with the necessary modifications on an Arduino UNO. Same problems and behaviour.

Now I am sure that's library problem. with the other lib I have, the constructor(?) is LiquidCrystal_I2C lcdunten(0x3f, 2, 1, 0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 3, POSITIVE);
but I don't know how to initialize the lcd with the esp and that library