Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Paulo Cassin
#37179 Hi,

I've bought one of these boards but I can't program it. And on ESPlorer it just connect to the port when I put Rest pin to GND during a short moment. I actually have tried all baud rates possible and found on internet. Could you help me and say how you did with your board? :?

I'm using an FTDI USB converter.
By DrG
Paulo Cassin wrote:Hi,

I've bought one of these boards but I can't program it. And on ESPlorer it just connect to the port when I put Rest pin to GND during a short moment. I actually have tried all baud rates possible and found on internet. Could you help me and say how you did with your board? :?

I'm using an FTDI USB converter.

Hi,
Check out the thread here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7289 as it may help. Make sure your FTDI ISB converter has 3.3v lines or you may damage the board.

Hope this helps,

DrG
By timguy
#38077 Great original post. Helped me a lot to get along with the board.
Only one difference for me:
The CdS photo resistor is attached to the ADC on the ESP8266. Specifying port=99 will return the value of the ADC.

For me I can read the photo resistor with AO which is Pin 17 and not 99. 99 always return zeros, while reading analog PIN 17 return values between 4 (bright) to 95 (dark).

Thanks
Tim
By DrG
timguy wrote:Great original post. Helped me a lot to get along with the board.
Only one difference for me:
The CdS photo resistor is attached to the ADC on the ESP8266. Specifying port=99 will return the value of the ADC.

For me I can read the photo resistor with AO which is Pin 17 and not 99. 99 always return zeros, while reading analog PIN 17 return values between 4 (bright) to 95 (dark).

Thanks
Tim

Thanks and I am glad it was of some help to you. You are, of course, correct about A0 and the CdS cell. In the .ino file I was using switch/ case after converting the ASCII to numeric in the string (e.g., port-99)...
Code: Select all   // this is for the ADC CDS resistor
    case 99:
      Ain=analogRead(A0);
    break;

... and since 00 was taken, I identified it as 99. Convenient albeit misleading :)

DrG