Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By danbicks
#32617 Inspired by Derek here is a solution that is real fun to play with, had me walking up and down the garden sniffing out one of my RGB nodes :)

BEACON TRACK1.png

Uses an ESP01 coupled with I2C cheap Oled display. Indicates if you are near or far and displays vitals RSSI and quality of signal. Code is a bit of a hash up. Simply proof of concept.

Enjoy.

Dans

ESP_T_TRACKER.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By derek bernsen
#32622 Very cool Dans!
Do you mind if I test your code out ?
How do I wire up the circuit?
I didn't see any circuit diagram in the extracted .rar folder.
I am about to order a OLED display online, I want to try your design with a cantenna setup to increase range further and make it more directional.

- Donovan (Derek)
By danbicks
#32626 Hi Buddy,

Please go ahead and make one, the circuit is simple, GPI0 and GPI2 are used for the Oled display, I2C SDA and SCL make sure you get the same display, not an SPI one will be no good.

All the normal apply's to the ESP, Pull ups must be used on GPIO pins, I will try and knock up a circuit if I get a little more time and you get stuck. Should be pretty straight forward. You could alternatively use one of the ESP12 dev boards on Ebay with RGB led on as everything is in place. The code will work the same on this as ESP01.

The Cantenna sounds cool, I was a RF design engineer have made many transmitters over the years, upload pictures when you get a chance would love to see finished version.

I may knock up some PCB's although these will use an ESP12 and Oled for other requirements, push buttons etc, would allow you to scan find the SSID and then hit track. this will be version 2 I think.

Enjoy buddy

Dans