Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By andrew melvin
#36648 I got tired of writing the same code for different projects, only to make changes that then were not propagated through my different projects. Enter the ESPManager. With three lines of code in a project...

https://github.com/sticilface/ESPmanager

This project uses SPIFFS, JqueryMobile, AJAX, ArduinoJson and handles lots of aspects of ESP8266 management. Including joining WiFi Networks, Setting device name, enabling mDNS, you can upload files to SPIFFS, format SPIFFS, reboot the device, enable/disable the AP, enable/disable Station mode, set AP password, channel (if not in station mode), set the MAC address of both AP and STA. There is an About page that gives loads of variables regarding WiFi, SPIFFS, uptime, etc etc...
I've been using it for a while and it seems to work... so i thought i would share it.

The JS will be horrible as i literally learnt it for this. Any improvements welcome. The one major bug so far is that with an empty cache it takes two refreshes. Every time my debugger says there is an unexpected character in the css for jQuery. I can't figure out why.. maybe the browser puts out too many requests at the same time. This occurs with just the mobile jQuery set up. Any help appreciated.

Merry Christmas people.

A
By Martin Wibbing
#37216 When Compile Demo come error:

In file included from ESPmanager-example.ino:23:0:
/home/mawi/Arduino/libraries/ESPmanager-master/ESPmanager.h:42:31: fatal error: ESP8266HTTPClient.h: No such file or directory
#include <ESP8266HTTPClient.h>

I have test with windows and linux arduino ide 1.6.5 rc 5 and ESP Arduino LIB 2.0

When Compile ESP8266Client Demo come no error
By andrew melvin
#37269 Sound like an sdk arduino version problem. So do you have an example for ESP8266HTTPClient that comes with the arduino. If not the. You need to get the more recent version from GitHub. This is a lib that comes with it.

Hope that helps.