Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Shlammod
#48751 This looks very nice :shock:

I've managed to get it working, but after I've disabled the DHCP server on the configuration page and entered the SSID of my network which has a DHCP server, somehow the ESP boots up with IP-address 0.0.0.0
Is there any way to reset it back to the default 'myWebServer' so I can try to re-configure it?

I've tried to upload the code again, but that didn't help. Also a reset didn't do the trick.
By NailBuster
#48794 The DHCP option on the wifi config is to tell the esp to get its IP from your DHCP server or to use the static IP/gateway from the form fields. (there is no support for DHCP server). So in your case you want to enable DHCP (maybe I'll rename it to something like "dynamic from DHCP" on form)...

so currently it is connecting to your SSID/router but assigning itself 0.0.0.0 from the config form....thats why it can't be accessed....

hmmm...you may have to reflash it with a stock nodemcu image first (erase the flash contents).. Or if you shut off your router for a minute and startup the esp, if the esp can't connect to the SSID it will start its local softAP....then you connect to the SoftAP with phone/notebook and reconfigure....

let me know
By joeman2116
#48804 I have been reading these posts and the project sounds very interesting.

I believe I need to do this:

The esp device requires it to be a nodemcu type - erased? or will the arduino flash take care of it.

I run Aduino IDE 168 with proper libraries.

I flash -- myWebServerSample.ino to the esp.

Once its flashed and i reboot , connect to local lan and a webserver will appear, with the option to upload other html files via ota.

Should i then load all the html examples displayed in github html dir ?

Thanks for the project and clarification.....

Joe