Various video and tutorials for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By hwiguna
#19000 Awesome!

To make the ESP visible from outside the home network, you need to setup Port Forwarding on your ISP router.
Find out which one is yours, and find instructions here.

If you want a name instead of an IP address, you also would need something like no-ip.com to translate the name to an ip address.

Have fun!
By Mai Mariarti
#40923 Very nice playlist.
Just wondering why you didn't use bypass capacitors on the input and output of the 3v3 regulator?
Since you are using an Low voltage dropout regulator, you are required caps on the input and output (10uF min) in order to eliminate oscillation.
Second, by not using a resistor (1k+) to connect you GPIO0 to ground during programming, if you make a mistake and flip the switch while the ESP is running and using the GPIO0 for output high, you can say goodbye to that pin. :cry:
I was wondering if you can do a video on using 2 of these modules to send a command from one to the other using arduino style code.
I have a hallway LED light that turns on using an IR detector. I would like to light-up another LED bank leading to the basement that is triggered by the one in the hall way and vs.
In other words, either one of the two, is able to turn on the other.
Any help would be appreciated. I tried reading about this topic, but its over my head and it might as well stayed in Chinese.
Your videos, I understand. Other people's, not so much.
~Mai