Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By MichaelW
#47888 Hello,
I'm clearly doing something wrong, as everyone else seems to manage flashing the ESP from ArduinoIDE...
The Module and Connection must be OK as I can flash the AT Firmware (with ESP_DOWNLOAD_TOOL_V2.4) and use AT Commands.

I use IDE 1.6.9 and Plugin 2.2.0
The module is a "ESP8266 ESP-03 Version 3" and has 4Mbit flash as far as I can tell.

All I can get out of the Module is a Boot-loop at 74880baud:
Code: Select all ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)

load 0x4010f000, len 1264, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0x0f
csum 0x0f
~ld

Even with different (example) sketches I get the same boot loop.
So, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!
Michael
By MichaelW
#48284 tested loads of different baud rates just now, didnt help.
then i got the complete linux based build suite installed in a vm and tryed to compile and upload the esp-httpd example. and it worked, booted right away and the wlan ap started.

so now i think there is something wrong with the arduino ide, maybe the bootloader. "load 0x4010f000" seems to be a rather high address for a 4Mbit flash, doesnt it? i would expect something in the 0x01000 area. also can i somehow see to what address the code is uploaded? i think there was something like a extended compile log or something, but i cant find it annymore.

can someone point me to where the bootlader is and how to edit it? (and compile if the normal upload doesnt do this too)
im rather bad in C so working with the arduino ide seems more desireable than writing C code.