Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By anujmattoo
#49544 Hi

I am working on a project which requires efficiency, instant performance. I was wondering does Arduino IDE use bootloader to program ESP8266?

What is the most efficient way to program ESP? The project needs to turn light on off instantly upon sending command, therefore seconds delay will ruin the project and it's purpose. It has to be instant.

Any help?
By Subhajit Das
anujmattoo wrote:Hi

I am working on a project which requires efficiency, instant performance. I was wondering does Arduino IDE use bootloader to program ESP8266?

What is the most efficient way to program ESP? The project needs to turn light on off instantly upon sending command, therefore seconds delay will ruin the project and it's purpose. It has to be instant.

Any help?

ESP doesn't use an arduino bootloader separately.
You can try programming with standard sdk. It may give you much more speed than arduino code.
Anyway what is purpose? Why you need instant reaction?
Anyway, at current state I would not expect more than 500mS delay. Casue with last releases it has gone pretty fast. I get small webpages at about 300mS.
You should also try to run esp at 160MHz for more speed.

Edit: Tested again and received 293 bytes of data at 64 to 160 mS. But other code for electronic switching may affect speed.