Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By treii28
#65667 I'm revisiting this project. (previously I still couldn't find any examples sufficient for me to know what the hell I needed to do)

I need to have a softAP set up that will always listen for connections for the purpose of changing configuration options in the ESP8266 if desired.

I then what the device to occasionally connect to another access point to send telemetry. I'm not sure how I make sure to specify the station connection specifically when connected as a client if both of them are for some reason active at the same time.
I am also curious if it is possible to connect to more than one SSID as a client at the same time. I don't think I will need to do this, but it might be helpful as a means of making the AP mode unnecessary if the device is in range of a specific SSID and able to connect to an existing wireless lan. (if it is possible, again, how do you tell the difference between the specific ssid connection and another connection when making a connection request?)