Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Barnabybear
#53241 Hi, can I just check you have the following connections as I have about 20 -12f's on the go at the moment and the only problem I,ve had is one bad flash sector and the ESP couldn't write the SSID & password & threw an exception at that line of code (it was a development board that had been well used).

ESP -> connected to.
Vcc -> 3.3V supply (minimum 500mA & not much more than 1000mA as many supplies don't react fast enough to change when transmitting).
Gnd -> Gnd.
CH_PD -> Vcc or Vcc via 10K pull up.
REST -> Vcc or Vcc via 10K pull up or Vcc via 10K & 1K to GPIO16.
GPIO 0 -> Vcc via 10K pull up (can be shorted to ground to flash - ensure pin is not set as output and high when shorting or it will damage the output).
GPIO 2 -> Vcc via 10K pull up.
GPIO 15 -> Gnd via 10K pull down.
Tx -> Rx.
Rx -> Tx 3.3v - not all devices are 3.3V even if they have a switch or jumper.

I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious and you have addressed all these issues but with the amount of infomation on the net (not all correct or ideal) and the lack of a schematic, I thought I'd check.
By paulfer
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, can I just check you have the following connections as I have about 20 -12f's on the go at the moment and the only problem I,ve had is one bad flash sector and the ESP couldn't write the SSID & password & threw an exception at that line of code (it was a development board that had been well used).

HI BarnabyBear! Yessir thanks very much for that. No All is the same as that with the exception of the GPIO0 and RESET I have 3.3K pullups.

@AcmeUk, no sir, I havent tried other types of Serial to USBs. I have about ten of the cp2102s and have tried all of them. I live in the bottom of the planet so I will have to try and source another type of loader :-(

What about the CH340? I see I can source those relatively easily?

Many thanks for all your help. I hope I can solve this soon.

Many regards

Paul