Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By sportscastengr
#53503 Good day!

I'm a newbie ESP8266 user and just starting to slightly get the hang of it. I just wanna ask if anybody here as experienced using the ESP8266 as both server and client? I am trying to make several (minimum of 2, maximum of 4) ESP8266 communicate with each other using pre-programmed messages. I was successful making a stand-alone server and client communicate using martinayotte's sample IDE codes. Now I need them to send and receive at the same time.

To give you a better view of how I want it to happen, I provided a flowchart for this specific purpose.

Thank you for sharing your discoveries to me.

P.S. I'm using the ESPDuino microcontroller for my ESP8266 projects. They work wonderfully and is very cheap.

By mrburnette
#53584 This link suggests code to implement such a demonstration; however I have not tried it. There are some source links in the article that may be of interest.
http://www.e-atelier.id.tue.nl/?e_tutorial=esp8266-web-server

I simply have not found a reason to explore multiple client and bidirectional traffic with a single ESP8266 server. I have use UDP to communicate with multiple clients (receivers) for the purposes of transmitting GPS time/date over a UDP broadcast.

Ray
By sportscastengr
mrburnette wrote:This link suggests code to implement such a demonstration; however I have not tried it. There are some source links in the article that may be of interest.
http://www.e-atelier.id.tue.nl/?e_tutorial=esp8266-web-server

I simply have not found a reason to explore multiple client and bidirectional traffic with a single ESP8266 server. I have use UDP to communicate with multiple clients (receivers) for the purposes of transmitting GPS time/date over a UDP broadcast.

Ray

The second link is, indeed, broken.

I'll try to pattern my new code on the first link. Hope it outputs the exact message from the server in the client.

Will update you all. Thanks!