Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By buchacho
#53801 I tried the hardware setup with a simple blink program and the same thing happened, it takes maybe up to 15 seconds to get the blue LED to start blinking while I hold CH_PD high with the switch. Is there a hardware issue that causes this problem?

I do notice that when it begins the serial session, it outputs a line of garbage on the serial monitor.

serial-monitor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Barnabybear
#53806 Hi, copy my circuit with the switch between PIR out and Vcc. You also need a 10K between GPIO 15 and Ground if your using the ESP 8266-12.
It should work fine - if you swap the toggle pin to EDIT: GPIO 0 (incorrect ->GPIO 2).
The post you you linked was inspired by my post - they just didn't understand what all the parts were for so missed some out.
Last edited by Barnabybear on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By buchacho
#53809 Thanks for the suggestions. In the process of converting over to your circuit, I noticed, that if I add the 10K resistor between CH_PD and ground, the ESP-12F behaves like I want, quick boot up and GPIO#13 goes high and when then when I pull it low, the loop() function stops. However, "low" is at 1.95V, which seems too high and may not reliably drop to logic level zero (?).

Is there something special about using GPIO#0 in your PIR circuit vs GPIO#13, like I am using? Also, why does GPIO#15 need a 10K resistor to GND?
Last edited by buchacho on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Barnabybear
#53810 Hi, use EDIT: GPIO 0 (incorrect -> GPIO 2) not 13 and it will work perfectly. There are not many parts or pins used but each has been chosen for a reason. I explain more tomorrow when I have more time.
Last edited by Barnabybear on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.