Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By buchacho
#53768 I have a sketch and want to pull a GPIO high to CH_PD after using a manual switch from VCC to CH_PD. It is taking about 13 seconds of holding the switch closed to get the GPIO switched high. It is the first thing in my setup. I also turn on the blue LED on the ESP-12F module to get a visual confirmation on the timing. Is this normal? Is there any way I can speed this up?
By buchacho
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, about 325mS, so for some reason your setup is taking a long time. Have a look at this post - most of the bits you need are on the first two pages.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4458

If it's 500ms max to get to setup() then that would be fine. So something is wrong, but I am not sure what. Toggling GPIO#13 is the first step in my program:

Code: Select allconst int TOGGLE_CH_PD = 13;

void setup() {
pinMode(TOGGLE_CH_PD, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(TOGGLE_CH_PD, HIGH);

I am using these libraries:

Code: Select all#include <NTPClient.h>
#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <WiFiUdp.h>
#include <ESP8266mDNS.h>
#include <DNSServer.h>
#include <WiFiClient.h>
#include <EEPROM.h>
#include <ESP8266WebServer.h>
#include <TimeLib.h>
#include <ArduinoOTA.h>
#include <FS.h>

I am basically following this example (circuit), but with an ESP-12F module. I also see other people mention in the comments that it takes 6 seconds of holding the button.

https://www.hackster.io/noelportugal/if ... ton-e11841

rudy wrote:Are you certain your reset pin is high? I think there is something else going on. It should get to setup fairly quickly.
I connected reset to VCC with a 1K resistor.