Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By shoelessone
#54349 Title says pretty much everything. I'm making a project for my family again this year. Last year I made a thing that worked out pretty well, but one of my family members who lives out of state had trouble getting her computer to connect to the network created by the ESP. In my own testing I found that certain devices had easier times connecting than others.

All of this is to say, I don't need / care about a fancy interface of any sorts, I just want to come up with the most reliable way that a family member can set some settings on the ESP without programming it themselves of course.

I'd love any ideas anybody has, including any code that might have worked particularly reliable for you in the past if willing...

THANK YOU!
By jankop
#54366 You ask good. This problem I can deal only with static IP address 192.168.4.1 in AP mode. I do not know any other way. In Lua is a mechanism Enduser Setup for it.
In principle, the first time you join at known module address 192.168.4.1 in the AP (or AP + ST) mode, you set the SSID, password and you switch module back to mode ST.
By shoelessone
#56903 Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm wondering if anybody else has any other opinions on this.

Again the main goal here is to have something simple, but RELIABLE, for my family to be able to setup their SSID and other basic settings.

Thank you!
By Vicne
#56946 Not sure if you have used WifiManager and are not satisfied with it, or if you just haven't tried it... If you haven't, please try it. It's my preferred way of setting up my modules.
If you are already using it and are not satisfied, could you please expose your ideal use case and what step you currently find "unreliable".

Best regards,

Vicne