Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By rudy
#57393 EDIT: I deleted the easyMesh library and then reinstalled it and the weird errors went away.

============================================================
I get the following errors. The confusing thing is that what I am compiling has nothing to do with the in scanNetworksAsync.ino. If I were to open that file and compile it I get no errors.

I had been trying to get the exception decoder app to work (Arduino 1.6.12 incompatibility). I deleted some directories with the compiler output files. I have had this problem. I didn't get anywhere. I tried deleting Arduino and removing ESP additions, re-installed, and I get the following. The actual file I want to compile is below.

Any ideas?

Code: Select allline-map.c: file "C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino" left but not entered

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554435:1: error: 'boolean' does not name a type

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino: In function 'void setup()':

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554443:3: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554446:20: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554448:3: error: 'WiFi' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554448:13: error: 'WIFI_STA' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554450:12: error: 'delay' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino: In function 'void loop()':

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554455:31: error: 'millis' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554460:23: error: 'ledState' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554460:31: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554468:5: error: 'WiFi' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554469:5: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554474:11: error: 'WiFi' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554477:5: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Rudy\Documents\Arduino\esp8266\scan\scanNetworksAsync\scanNetworksAsync.ino:33554480:142: error: 'ENC_TYPE_NONE' was not declared in this scope

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

Code: Select all//************************************************************
// testHere.ino
// simple(st) testing application to bring the mesh up and nothing else ...

#include <easyMesh.h>

#define   MESH_PREFIX     "Mesh"
#define   MESH_PASSWORD   "Password"
#define   MESH_PORT       5555

easyMesh  mesh;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);

//mesh.setDebugMsgTypes( ERROR | MESH_STATUS | CONNECTION | SYNC | COMMUNICATION | GENERAL | MSG_TYPES | REMOTE | APPLICATION ); // all types on
  mesh.setDebugMsgTypes( ERROR | MESH_STATUS | CONNECTION | SYNC | COMMUNICATION );  // set before init() so that you can see startup messages

mesh.init( MESH_PREFIX, MESH_PASSWORD, MESH_PORT );
  mesh.setReceiveCallback( &receivedCallback );
  mesh.setNewConnectionCallback( &newConnectionCallback );

}

void loop() {
  mesh.update();

}

void receivedCallback( uint32_t from, String &msg ) {
  Serial.printf("startHere: Received from %d msg=%s\n", from, msg.c_str());
}

void newConnectionCallback( bool adopt ) {
  Serial.printf("startHere: New Connection, adopt=%d\n", adopt);
}
Last edited by rudy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By schufti
#57403 Hi,
I don't know if it will change your compiler problem, but AFAIK in "arduino syntax" callback registering does not expect addresses, so no "&" before cb-function name...
but easymesh library might behave different.
By rudy
#57405 It happens with a different sketch as well. One that I had been using and trying to decode an exception dump. This I had not used but it is a lot shorter than mine. I'll have to take another crack at this later.